4/15/2006

This is who I am

While browsing through thousands of songs on Kate’s computer I came across a song that described what I felt at that moment in a weird sort of way:
“I’m walking down Broadway. Each footstep is a new love letter. I try to make eye contact with each and every stranger that I pass. I’m thinking about the city, it’s living proof that people need to be together. I’m thinking about how I just want to open up and give and give and give. And it’s okay for you to care. Cuz I can feel you in the air. While you wonder, how’s this going to end. I only wanted to begin…”

Lately I’ve been finding I have a hard time finishing things. I begin books and after getting half way through them I stop reading them. I watch movies or television shows, and I fall asleep or I leave before the end. I hate seeing things end—good things and bad especially in relationships with people. I don’t open up to very many people, but when I do I’ve noticed I give them my whole heart. Even if they don’t know it, they truly hold it. I don’t know why I do this, it’s just something I brought with me. It’s who I am. And at our departure my soul is torn beyond belief. I know I’ll see them again, but I can never live those memories over again. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I’ll go to the point of avoiding contact with them until I feel the wound has developed a scab or a protection over it. I love that person forever because touched my life for the good. Even if they I don't show it very well, these people always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you.

No comments: