1/24/2007

Case Scenario

I have 5 roommates whom I live with. And one of the five, say Sally, is not friendly to any of the other roommates but me. Which I find odd because I'm not sure how I got chosen to be the only one Sally associates with. She is not my room roommate but she would like to be and she keeps asking me to move in. But I see she gets angry quickly and she's already been mad at me and I don't want to fill my life with the stress of always worrying about my actions. So I choose not to move in with Sally because I find our relationship would be best if kept at a distance. Well Sally's room roommate, Fran, cannot stay in the same room as her any more because Sally ignores her and is forwardly rude to her. I don't blame her for wanting to move out. So tonight I am approached by Fran, who is crying, and asked to switch her rooms tomorrow because she can't handle living in the same room with Sally. She will either move out of the apartment or move into my room. I honestly do not want to move in with the other girl. My choices are to move out and allow Fran to move into my room or have Fran to move out. Either way one of us will not be staying. What would be the best way to handle this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would try to be considerate of Fran, but not at your own detriment. You may need to be a little selfish and do what is best for you, since it's not even your issue to begin with. Do what would be best for the majority, but don't make yourself miserable.

Kami said...

Whatever I choose I'm going to feel bad. I don't want to have her move out cuz she's a freshman and doesn't know very many people but maybe it'll be better for her. Maybe she'll find better roommates. but I already know people I could move in with today and be totally fine. I just like where I'm at, though.