12/26/2006

Thought for the Day...

I don’t want to say goodbye to you ever.
I want you in my life forever.
But I know that desire is nearly impossible.
It’s not what was meant to be.
You were sent here at this time in my life for a purpose
And I was sent to yours.
But it wasn’t meant to be for forever.

I don’t want to say goodbye.
So I hold on too tight.
And I contact you as much as possible.
I just want these memories to last forever.
Because I know one day we will be apart.
Perhaps thousands and thousands of miles apart.

I don’t want to say goodbye,
But my journey in life was not meant to be in unison with yours.
And so one day we will separate,
And the strength you’ve given me will radiate to everyone I meet.
I will talk of you and tell them of how I once had a friend like you:
A best friend whose testimony is apparent to everyone.

And soon I’ll learn that we’ll never have to say goodbye
Because I know that no matter how far apart we live
It will only be for a small moment.
So until we meet again remember that I love you
And I will never forget the part you play in my life.

No comments: