12/11/2006

Why English

Have you ever wondered why the Restoration of the Gospel was restored in the English language? Of all languages why English? I feel like English is the most confusing language to learn. So here's some ideas I've had. Perhaps it was because English is a mixing pot language where so many other words influenced its stucture and so it was easier to interprete as correctly as possible into other languages. Another thought I had was perhaps it was the last language for the gospel to be taught in, therefore, it was the first in this dispensation. If it even was a language back then. And that's all I thought. But I still wonder why English? There has to be a reason. And why are we the only nation who uses the wrong metric system to measure things? America, America...gotta love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't really think there had to be a reason it was English. And if there was it isn't something I really need to think about long and hard. Joseph Smith just happened to be English speaking. That was a good thought though Kam. I don't know why. But I don't feel a need right now to know the reason why either. I am just glad it was restored. :)